Prime Screener is a tool for DIY equity investors. It seeks to help you screen stocks based on key fundamental metrics. This makes your investing a more process-driven approach, where you can eliminate stocks that are do not make the cut in terms of quality, growth or valuation metrics and focus on those that do.
Prime Screener does not give you all the data, metrics, or ratios that exist. Instead, we have only picked those metrics that we think are necessary, relevant and useful in filtering stocks before you get to analysing individual companies.
We have divided these metrics into the following heads:
- Quality, key parameters related to a company’s balance sheet
- Growth, key parameters related to a company’s profit & loss statements
- Valuation: key parameters related to the company’s price in relation to key metrics such has earnings or book value.
- Ownership: An additional filter to know qualitative aspects such as shareholding pattern of promoters, MFs, and FPIs besides the proportion of promoter pledging.
In addition to these filters, we have Premium Screeners. Our research team has designed these screeners which use a completely different set of filters and trends to shortlist stocks. Our research team will be updating and adding to this list. Premium Screeners uses sets of filters that are unique and which look at one key trend. On top of a Premium Screener, you can layer on the regular filters (Quality, Growth and Valuation) that are part of Prime Screener. The Premium Screeners house trends that our research team has designed and we will be adding to these screeners too.
How should you use Prime Screeners?
- Shortlist stocks based on growth, quality, valuation, and ownership metrics.
- Filters in each metric are those that are useful and genuinely relevant for analysis so that you arrive at a meaningful shortlist. We haven’t stuffed every conceivable filter which will only increase complexities for you.
- If you’re looking at banking stocks, make sure to use the filters specific to banks such as NPA ratios, loan book or capital adequacy. That’s information not easily available in a single place or tool elsewhere!
- Premium Screeners are filters pre-designed by PrimeInvestor’s research team. These filters do not overlap with the other metrics. You can further refine the shortlist from running Premium Screeners by adding on other growth, quality, valuation or ownership filters.
- Save the filters you’ve set up for easy access the next time you want to run screeners.
- Click on individual stock names for details on balance sheet, profit & loss statements, quarterly results, ratios and more, which you can use to further analyse your shortlisted stocks.
Watch a Youtube video tutorial of the Prime Screener here - Prime Stock Screener - A powerful DIY stock picking tool explained in - English (2021) - YouTubeDisclaimers
- The output derived in Prime Screeners are not recommendations given by PrimeInvestor Financial Research Pvt Ltd. Prime Screener is only a tool to provide you with output based on criteria that you choose. Prime Screener is meant for you to filter, shortlist, and identify stocks from the whole stock universe that you wish to further analyse. PrimeInvestor Financial Research Pvt Ltd will not be responsible for any investment decisions you take based on these screeners.
- This is a self-help tool. We do not guide you in designing screeners for your own use and we will not take queries on the same. We have ensured that only the most relevant metrics are part of the filters we have given to narrow your choices and make them more useful.
- Prime Screeners consider only NSE-listed companies.
- We are not a data provider and none of our products are designed to give you regularly updated data. The primary objective of Prime Screeners is to use tools to help you filter stocks.
- Our data is updated end-of-day based on data feed we receive from our data provider. However, the current market price of stocks is updated with a delay of about half an hour.
- We have taken due care to provide accurate data from an established and reliable data provider, CMOTS Infotech. However, neither PrimeInvestor Financial Research Pvt Ltd nor the data provider guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any data published on our website (www.primeinvestor.in). PrimeInvestor Financial Research Pvt Ltd is not responsible for any errors, or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of such data. PrimeInvestor Financial Research Pvt Ltd shall have no financial liability whatsoever to the users of this data.
- There may be data variations between different data sources based on how derived data and ratios are defined and calculated by different providers. PrimeInvestor Financial Research Pvt Ltd will not be held answerable nor responsible for such differences.