Step-up SIP Value calculator
If you are regularly increasing your SIPs (Step-up SIP) and want to know where your investment will get you, plug in your SIP amount, step amount, and the number of years, below, to find out.
Results shown for illustrative purpose only and should not be construed as investment advice.
What will your Step-up SIP get you?
Step-up SIP value calculator
An SIP is one of the most popular forms of investing in mutual fund schemes. This popularity comes about due to its key features which is rupee cost averaging and discipline. An SIP, or a systematic investment plan, is simply investing a fixed sum at a fixed interval. You may already be investing through SIP every month. But you may not know or have any idea of what such investments may amount to. Or you may have a sum to invest, but you’d like to know how much it can grow into in order to see if it can meet your goal requirement or what you can do with it.
This SIP value calculator comes in handy to know your wealth can grow over time. The SIP value calculator will help you estimate the total wealth accumulated through SIP at the end of the investment period, given an assumed rate of return. The SIP calculator does not account for exit load and expense ratio. You need to input three values in this SIP value calculator:
- The first value is the monthly investment amount, which is the amount you intend to save every month, or you are already saving on a monthly basis.
- The second value is the SIP duration, or the number of months you are planning to run your SIP.
- The third value is the returns you expect your investment to generate. In this value, keep in mind that putting in very high returns can be misleading as reality will be far from it. Keep your return expectations reasonable, which will make your investments much more realistic.
After the input of the three values, the output gives the total corpus that you may accumulate. Do note, however, that this is just a rough estimate of your wealth creation as both equity and debt markets are subject to fluctuations.
Benefits of the SIP value calculator
SIP is one of the most attractive forms of investment compared to lump sum investment. This is because it allows anyone to start investing with any sum they have. It allows you to slowly build up your wealth even if you are unable to save large sums. An SIP allows you to take advantage of starting early which increases the effect of compounding. And finally, it also helps you become financially disciplined.
So, knowing how much your SIP can grow into will help you make better financial decisions.
- The SIP value calculator will tell you how far away from your target amount you are. Instead of simply investing blindly without knowing how much you can earn, getting a rough estimate of your wealth will help bring better focus to your investments.
- The SIP value calculator can help you prioritise your investments, as you can increase SIP amount if your current SIPs are too low to meet your need. If your SIPs can grow far higher than your target, you can redirect part of the amount to a different goal.
- It helps you pick the funds that best suit your requirement. If your value falls short of target in the SIP value calculator, you can consider using higher-risk funds in order to earn better returns and increase wealth if your time frame and your risk appetite allow you to do so. If your wealth estimate is well ahead of your requirement, you can consider moving to lower-risk funds in order to preserve your wealth.
- An estimation of your investment value using the SIP value calculator, even if this is a rough figure, will still help you know if your savings are as per your requirements.
What are the types of SIPs?
A flexible SIP is a type of SIP where an investor can change the amount being invested every month. This can help when an investor’s income stream fluctuates which makes it difficult to commit to a fixed sum every month. It can also help informed investors who wish to take calls based on market levels, and invest more when the markets are falling and lower when markets are at highs.
Step UP SIP
Step up SIP allows the investor to increase the SIP amount after regular intervals. For instance, you can start investing with Rs. 20,000 and instruct the fund house to increase the SIP amount by Rs. 2,000 after every six months. So for the first six months you invest Rs 20000 and after six months you invest Rs 22,000, and Rs 24,000 after that and so on. This ensures that your SIP increases as your income increases, so that your wealth creation stays in line with your changing lifestyle.
An SIP mandate requires the investor to fill the start date and the end date or the time of the maturing of the SIP. If the investor fills only the start date and does not mention the end date of the SIP then such an SIP becomes a perpetual SIP. Perpetual SIPs help ensure that an investor does not forget to renew a SIP once it ends. The investor gets the option to stop the SIP by submitting a written application to the fund house, or by instructing the platform on which the SIP is being run.
A trigger SIP is useful for more discerning or informed investor. In a trigger SIP, an investor sets a trigger, such as market levels or fund NAV levels/ returns. When this trigger is met, the SIP amount is deployed into the funds. Until the trigger is invoked, the SIP is not invested. For instance, an investor can mention that your SIP amount should be withdrawn from your bank account and used to purchase units of the selected scheme only if the NAV of the scheme falls up to a certain level decided. In Trigger SIPs, the date of the SIP will depend on the trigger and you may not have regular investments either.
What should you do with the SIP Value Calculator?
No matter what type of SIP you are using, the SIP Value Calculator helps you allocate your savings in a more focused manner towards your goals. For the best mutual funds to invest in, you can use our Prime Funds list. This mutual fund list covers different mutual fund categories, and are bucketed in a system that makes it easy for you to pick the funds that best suit your requirement. Each Prime Fund is unique and this allows you to build a diversified portfolio with minimal effort.
If you do not wish to design your own portfolio, or you need some help or ideas in mixing different funds, you can look at Prime Portfolios. These are our ready-to-use portfolios that you can start investing in right away. We have built different portfolios to suit different needs such as children’s education, buying a home, planning a vacation, retirement, and so on. Prime Portfolios come with a ‘Follow’ feature that alerts you when we recommend changes.