Listen to this episode on your favorite podcast app :
What is this episode about?
In this tenth episode of the Prime podcast, hosts Bhavana Acharya and Aarati Krishnan cover a wide range of topics. The podcast is divided into two main segments. In the first segment, they discuss recent news highlights including how the monsoons panned out, the RBI’s monetary policy, and the potential fallout of the Israel-Hamas conflict.
The main segment of the podcast delves into the bond market, debt funds, and investment strategies. They discuss the recent inclusion of Indian government bonds in the GBI EM Global Diversified index by JP Morgan, the surge in US Treasury yields, and the importance of duration in bond investments. They emphasize the significance of time frame when investing in debt funds and suggest a diversified approach to minimize the impact of interest rate fluctuations.
They also provide insights into investing in various types of debt products, including fixed deposits, bonds, and debt funds, while considering individual financial goals and risk tolerance. Additionally, the hosts highlight the potential benefits of investing in constant maturity funds, especially in a rising interest rate environment.
Key segments in the podcast discussion
- TCS Share Buyback: Discussing TCS’s buyback plans (0:41 – 1:08)
- Monsoon Effects: Analyzing the 2023 monsoon season’s impact on India’s agriculture and inflation due to ‘below-normal’ rainfall (1:09 – 3:57)
- RBI’s Monetary Policy: Reviewing the Reserve Bank’s recent monetary policy decisions and its stance on inflation and liquidity (3:58 – 6:07)
- Israel-Hamas Conflict: Examining the potential global consequences of the Israel-Hamas conflict, especially on crude oil supplies and economic factors (6:08 – 8:22)
- Bond Market Updates: Highlighting key developments in the bond market, including the inclusion of Indian government securities in a global bond index and the surge in US Treasury yields (8:29 – 14:15)
- Debt Investment Insights: Offering insights into various debt investment strategies, including accrual and duration-based approaches, and tactical debt opportunities for investors (14:16 – 30:40)
Don’t have a podcast app? Listen to the full episode here :
Follow the podcast wherever you listen to podcasts :